Buying and saving in hard times
The economic sectors have said that indeed the growth has slowed, production also, so that employment has also been affected. At this time, more than any other, households must have plans that allow coping with bad times or saving for an uncertain future.
Believe it or not, small savings can make household finances improve. Well said the popular saying that a drop at the glass can fill it one time. Savings are what small families can do for survival during crisis, that mean so much to make off money. The success factors are two: the constancy of the sum of it and do all of them as a ritual.
These small savings should not be seen as a punishment, but rather as the best of the shares on behalf of the family.
The savings we are talking about is not necessarily to put money in the home bank or not use the savings account. This is to reduce the use of products and services within the home.
The first thing to do is analyze the daily household expenses: Food, personal cleanliness products or beauty, can be reviewed to understand its importance and know the possibility of saving on some of them.
Many household products perfectly fulfill their role if used less than the suggested dose. For example, using half of the tablet against insects, and not all. Can also use fresheners, softener or floor wax, more dilute. Your home and will just clean clothes, but the product will last you twice.
- Use public transportation: The fuel is one of the most important expenses in the family budget, for that reason it will be necessary to take measures to economize in this area. Use public transportation several days a week, sharing the car with a relative or friend, or do errands near bus, means less expense.
- Before going shopping it is advisable to make a list of necessary and comply with it, to avoid unnecessary purchases.
- Leverage establishments and choose offers seasonal products are important measures for savings.
- Savings domestic services as the water, electricity and telephone. You will need to talk with the family to avoid unnecessary expense in domestic services, turn off the light when leaving a room or shutting off the gas in the automatic water heater when leaving weekend savings can be measured.
- Choose adequate insurance to properly manage the risks in long-term safety both medically, life, auto and home, that impedes financial deterioration.
- Sell what you do not use in second-hand markets that help you to have extra money.
- Family Entertainment, is also an aspect that can mean a significant percentage monthly spending, so it would be wise to seek new forms of entertainment during the critical financial period. The offering of museums, national parks, outdoor culture, etc.., Usually free and high quality.
- Make a serious study that uses disposable everything at home, and note what can be recycled again for a while. This category may include coffee filters, baking pans, absorbent kitchen, among others.
- Do not use disposable batteries: Rechargeable batteries are an excellent choice. Besides being an ecological action and contribute to the health of the planet, all batteries in toys, remote controls, razors, calculators etc. can be recharged and used again.
- Replace some appliances actions. The most yielder is the clothes dryer, instead of using it, dry it outdoors.
- Study seriously family cosmetics. First see if you can bypass some or buy cheaper brands. For example in the case of shampoo, a good idea is to buy one of inferior quality and lower price.
- Back to some natural foods instead of using pre-prepared. Harnessing the fruits of harvest, purchase, and freezing is a good choice. Furthermore, instead of sending children to school with money, prepare something healthy and economically at home.
- This food, also applies to pets. The food prepared for some pets is usually very expensive. Study your case and see if you can replace it at least from time to time for some homemade food.
- Use all discounts and coupons, but with a golden rule: Whenever you need the product. Only what is necessary but cheaper.
- Try to eliminate restaurants budget. Making food at home and bring it to the office is an excellent choice and means a saving of at least $ 5,000.
Savings in the kitchen
Food is one of the items that generate more household spending. But it is feasible to save and eat delicious and healthy without it turning into a nightmare.
To do so, follow these tips:
- While shopping Schedule daily, weekly developing a menu for each day without resort to buying food impromptu subsequently can not take full advantage.
- Using seasonal ingredients are cheaper and healthier.
- Find cheap recipes: Select good recipes for foods that are not expensive. Meals can be as rich (or even better) than what they are expensive ingredients).
- Check and compare food prices: Check the prices of the ingredients in your regular shopping list in several commercial establishments and calculate savings. For prices differ up or down depending on food shopping list divided into two or more establishments.
- Store food properly: Freeze foods that can be passed from date or they will not be exploited by unexpected or accidental reasons.
- Harnessing the leftovers to make new dishes. Find recipes for leftover meals.
- Rational eating habits and compulsive. Improve your healthy eating habits. General mind this brings very substantial cost savings.
- Dispense with unnecessary expensive whims. Having discipline to dispense occasional quirks that may not be so necessary if we plan your meals with varied dishes, original and therefore not expensive.
- Improve your cooking techniques: increasing the performance of what we do and avoiding unnecessary waste. Remember for example that in many cases, or less cooked fresh food are healthier and nutritious. Learn to cook avoiding excess fat or unhealthy cooking techniques.