Postoperative care and breast implant
The success of surgery depends not only on the good performance of the specialist and the correct response of the body but also the care and precautions that are taken after surgery.
After breast augmentation surgery dressings and drains is placed, which are removed about two days after surgery. Care depends much of the site where the prosthesis is placed, as it will determine the precautions to take, but as a general rule:
- You can not raise arms past the shoulders
- No need to lift heavy things or raise children
- It is convenient to sleep in 45 º
- No need to remove the bandages
- No sutures should be disinfected with alcohol or other substances
- It should not be wet bandages
- You have to drink plenty of fluids
During the week following the intervention are healing, the woman has to go to the specialist who will change the dressing and the wound disinfected. After this period it is time to start with lymphatic drainage massage and ultrasound to help decrease the edema in the breast, improving wound healing and prevent the capsule containing the implant contracture.
Post-operative care for breast augmentation:
- Complete bed rest for 48 hours, and then one on for 5 days.
- If the pain is too intense cold can be applied on the breasts or ice packs cryogels
- It’s recommended that taking pain medicine and is essential to continue with antibiotics to prevent infection.
- Many experts suggest taking supplements of vitamin C and E to promote healing and wound healing.
- Always use the compression garment.
- No driving for 2 to 4 weeks
- Restart physical activity only when the doctor releases
- No sun at least a month after surgery