Dehydration and cracking of the skin
In the winter months, either cold, wind or dry conditions can lead to cracks in different parts of the body. Here are some tips to avoid such disturbance.
What are the symptoms that cause cracks in the skin?
The cracks are caused by dehydration, tiny cracks that affect the hands and face, lips and body parts that are most exposed to cold. The causes of cracks in the skin are dehydrated and irritated skin with very small cuts.
What are the causes of cracks in the skin?
- The cold causes dehydration and slows healing of cracks in the skin.
- Leaving warm, the body parts that are exposed as the hands, ears, nose and cheeks are the first victims of the cold, should be protected with gloves, hat and scarf to keep warm.
- For skiing, the ski mask is ideal to avoid cracks in the face.
How to be the cracking of the lips?
- Sensitive skin.
- Respiratory problems.
- Allergy to the sun and some fruits and vegetables.
- Hot drinks.
- Breathing through the mouth.
What should be done to prevent cracks in the skin?
- Put balm on the lips.
- Use soap or dermatological superfatting (pH neutral) so that the skin is not damaged by washing hands or face.
- Use moisturizers for the face based on shea butter.
- For hands, use creams that contain vitamins A, B5 and E to soothe the pain.
- Put the cream several times a day or the first symptoms of dehydration.
When making an appointment with the doctor?
If the cracks in the skin cannot heal should consult with your doctor because it may be an infection in the presence of a bacterium or a fungus.