Unlike chemical peels and other treatments aesthetic to renew skin and remove imperfections, diamond dermabrasion has some advantages that make it very interesting that treatment. At the same time, it can be used at different levels of the dermis giving the respective intensity depending on the degree of injury, skin conditions and qualities of the marks to be erased.
Advantages over other treatments:
- It is a peel that can be done in summer.
- It’s fast, precise and controlled.
- Is used throughout the body.
- People with sensitive skin also can use it.
- No need for rest or inactivity after the sessions.
- People with darker skin also can do it.
- It is ideal for people with allergies to acids.
- No need of anesthesia, causes no scabs or requires prophylaxis with antibiotics and antivirals.
- It generates a prolonged redness of the skin.
- Can be performed in people with HIV as long as you take the necessary precautions.
- Depending on the particular case will vary the depth of the diamond peel.
Abrasion treatment levels as needed:
Level 1 is an exfoliating surface skin first and then white is slightly reddened. This is used to “refresh” the skin as a scrub prior to other treatment.
Level 2: abrasion is a bit deeper than the previous one, gets a somewhat more intense erythema without hemorrhagic dots. Treats injuries most intense spots, melasma and fine lines.
Level 3 is the deepest and reaches the papillary dermis, is usually used on badly damaged skin and thick, as well as to remove scars from acne, keloids, wrinkles, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, and so on.