Ear pain, alternative treatments Home remedies
The ear pain is very common in children but can also affect people of all ages. Otitis or otitis externa is a middle ear infection, inflammation of the external ear canal.
Ear pain is treatable and rarely causes complications. The ear is the result of an infection in the upper respiratory tract, such as colds.
If the child is 2 years or more, and is healthy, observe his condition for several days, since most cases of ear pain heal on their own.
Home treatment to relieve ear pain in your child:
- They lay him down on your back with your head slightly elevated.
- Offering a decongestant drops if your nose is congested. This allows you to breathe and eat. Do not use the drops more than 2 to 3 days.
- You can give acetaminophen or ibuprofen for the pain decreases
- Place a warm compress on the child’s ear for 20 minutes.
- After two to three weeks of earache, visit your doctor to examine the eardrum if your child is normal.
- Try that the child is not exposed to cigarette smoke, because smoking increases the frequency and severity of infections.
By what other alternatives we have to relieve earache?
The herbal and homeopathic remedies are a natural alternative to antibiotic treatment for ear pain, these treatments are safe and gentle.
Herbs like purpurea Pulsatilla (Pasque flower) and Echinacea, work by relaxing the nerve and reduce inflammation and also stimulate the immune system. Homeopathic ingredients such as Hepar, Sulph, Belladonna, Pulsatilla and Levisticum can treat the symptoms of ear infections.