Chicken and barley soup to fight cholesterol in cold seasons
The arrival of cold becomes harder to control cholesterol, so it is necessary to modify some traditional recipes, like chicken soup and transform it into a low-fat recipe. On the other hand, it is important that you know how to add fiber and to do this you can incorporate barley. In this way you will improve the nutritional quality of the same and battle the cold and cholesterol.
The traditional chicken soup can transform it into a recipe from the cold and cholesterol by adding a cereal such as barley. If you need to add fiber to your meals low in fat, nothing better to think of foods like whole grains, vegetables, nuts and/or seeds.
Recipe Chicken and barley soup from the cold and cholesterol
Ingredients for 5 servings
Read also: Losing weight with the diet of cherries
- 5 cups light chicken broth.
- ¾ cups of peeled barley.
- 1 carrot, diced.
- 1 diced potato girl (if the cleaner can either take the properties of the skin of the potato).
- 1 cup of broccoli.
- 1 or 2 bay leaves.
- 1 small chopped onion.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast.
Preparation of Chicken and barley soup
- In a large pot light chicken broth, vegetables and bay leaf.
- Cook for one hour over low heat.
- Stir from time to time, taking care not to evaporate the broth, if so you can add more quantity.
- After passing an hour, add the cooked chicken and cook for another half hour.
- You will notice that the soup is ready when the barley is tender.
- This soup not only can consume as input but also as a main course , as it provides proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the form of fiber. Even if you’re trying to consume slimming. A portion of soup has approximately 250 calories, 48 mg cholesterol and 5 gr. fiber.
Do not miss this chicken and barley soup, it is a different way to add fiber to your meals low in fat.