How to be ready for harsh winter
Winter is already knocking the door and there are many things we can do to prepare for the troubles that it can bring. Here are 10 steps to be ready for a cold winter.
1. Make sure your car tires are safe. The roads are icy and not road worthy tires, you may slip and cause an accident.
2. You should also make sure that your vehicle is completed with the appropriate fluids. Fuel and oil defroster and wash the screen, be sure to check regularly all.
3. Keep a few important extras in the car – as warm clothing, food, drink and water – with a shovel and a blanket may help you prepare for failure.
4. Always keep your phone battery charged and enough credit to make a call. This way, if the cold snap leaves you stranded, you can use someone to save you.
5. It is a good idea to get a plumber to check your boiler so you know it is not going to degradation during the winter. Or, if it is not possible, at least make sure you have the numbers for some local plumbers on standby.
6. You can also have the phone number of a local locksmith on standby in case the locks on your home or car freezing or crashing.
7. With extremely low temperatures, it is a good idea to invest in some thermal underwear or many layers to keep close at all times.
8. Keep a shovel at home is also a good idea, in case you have never snowed in and need to dig your way.
9. It is a good idea to stock up on canned goods and other items that keep longer. Then, if the weather prevents you from leaving the house, at least you will have a lot of food in.
10. Tell people where you go before you go on any travel – by car or on foot – and let them know when you arrive at your destination.
If you are in the Northwest, you may want the phone number of a plumber or locksmith Manchester. Use a local business directory to find details of businesses based nearby.