Cold sores are the result of a viral infection by HSV1, which is usually installed on the lips but can also colonize the mouth or nose.
It is a really annoying disorder that causes itching, tingling, burning and burning sensation in the affected area. The shingles have the particularity of being dormant for a long time and appear in times of stress, low defenses, fever or exposure to extreme weather.
While, like any viral infection it can be controlled but must run its course, there are ways to avoid the discomfort and appearance, this is by certain foods and healthy living habits.
Foods that prevent cold sores:
- Soybeans and derivatives
- Brewer’s yeast
Foods to be avoided because they promote the appearance of herpes:
- Drinks with caffeine
Besides that you can implement natural treatments that soothe the discomfort once the hatch has herpes on the lips.
- Massage the area with aloe vera pulp or a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Make a tea with guava leaves and clean the area several times a day with this water.
- Soak a cotton ball in milk and place in the cold, several minutes per day repeatedly.
- Promote healing by applying a few drops of lemon juice.
- Soothe the inflammation with ice.
- Applying a drop of hydrogen peroxide on herpes.
Other recommendations to consider when it appears cold sores:
- Keep clean the area well
- Do not kiss another person to avoid spreading
- Wash hands frequently
- Do not share personal items such as cups and cutlery so neither.