In general, most people believe that diabetics have to follow a boring diet, little variety and very strict, but the truth is that those with diabetes can eat a healthy, pleasant and suitable for the whole family.
What is important in the case of diabetes knows what to eat and how each affects the health food as meals affect glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. Carbohydrates turn into glucose in the diet are those that provide the sugars and starches, an exaggerated amount of carbohydrates can cause levels to rise too high blood glucose, therefore it is crucial to limit the total intake of carbohydrates in each food.
Some carbohydrate foods are:
- Fruit juices
- Dried beans
Turn potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, squash and corn in addition to starch and carbohydrates have increased blood glucose. These foods can be eaten but be careful not to fall into excesses little benefit, it is wise parallel to prioritize those with a high fiber content such as breads and cereals, fruits and vegetables, etc.
What can you eat in diabetes?
In general it can consume up to 60 grams of carbohydrates, proteins and a portion of a limited portion of fat in each meal.
You can eat fresh fruit instead of canned, unless they are packed in water or their own juice, without added sugars.
- Fresh vegetables and frozen or canned
- Condiments such as nonfat mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard
- Red and white meat (fish and poultry more than beef) fat-free forever
- Skimmed milk
- Grains and their derivatives, in moderation
- Fat as butter, margarine, shortening and oils, the first two in short supply and always in crude vegetable oils
- Desserts and sweets diet preference version, and always in moderation.
- Light carbonated beverages.
- Juices natural without added sugar.
- Light juices.
- Alcohol in moderation.