Top 500 supercomputers worldwide: a Japanese took the lead
The Top 500 of the largest supercomputers in the world has been unveiled at the International Supercomputing Conference in Germany. The Top 10 includes two Japanese, two Chinese, five American and one French.
Six months after a Chinese computer has taken the lead in the rankings, Japan comes to pass. Chinese Tianhe-1A of the National Supercomputing Computing in Tianjin has a power of 2.57 petaflops. It’s impressive, but the Japanese now easily dethroned the K with 8.16 petaflops.
Developed by Fujitsu, K computer, SPARC64 VIIIfx 2.0GHz, Tofu interconnect is not yet complete, since it will be put into production in November 2012. And once installed in RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science (AICS) of Japan, it is expected to exceed 10 petaflops!
The GPC of SciNet / University of Toronto continues to fall in the rankings since the ranking since its inception two years ago, the supercomputer has moved from 16th place to 45th.
Another Canadian supercomputer comes to him, made its appearance in the Top 500, the Guillimin CLUMEQ / McGill University. The supercomputer has a capacity of 136, 3 teraflops returned to the 55th in the standings.
To view the complete and detailed list of the Top 500, you have to go to the website of Top500.
Here we presented the TOP 10 Sites for June 2011 via top500.
- RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science (AICS) [Japan] K computer, SPARC64 VIIIfx 2.0GHz, Tofu interconnect [Fujitsu]
- National Supercomputing Center in Tianjin China, Tianhe-1A – NUDT TH MPP, X5670 2.93Ghz 6C, NVIDIA GPU, FT-1000 8C [NUDT]
- DOE/SC/Oak Ridge National Laboratory [United States], Jaguar – Cray XT5-HE Opteron 6-core 2.6 GHz [Cray Inc.]
- National Supercomputing Centre in Shenzhen (NSCS) [China], Nebulae – Dawning TC3600 Blade, Intel X5650, NVidia Tesla C2050 GPU [Dawning]
- GSIC Center, Tokyo Institute of Technology [Japan], TSUBAME 2.0 – HP ProLiant SL390s G7 Xeon 6C X5670, Nvidia GPU, Linux/Windows [NEC/HP]
- DOE/NNSA/LANL/SNL [United States], Cielo – Cray XE6 8-core 2.4 GHz [Cray Inc.]
- NASA/Ames Research Center/NAS [United States], Pleiades – SGI Altix ICE 8200EX/8400EX, Xeon HT QC 3.0/Xeon 5570/5670 2.93 Ghz, Infiniband [SGI]
- DOE/SC/LBNL/NERSC [United States], Hopper – Cray XE6 12-core 2.1 GHz [Cray Inc.]
- Commissariat a l’Energie Atomique (CEA) [France], Tera-100 – Bull bullx super-node S6010/S6030 [Bull SA]
- DOE/NNSA/LANL [United States], Roadrunner – BladeCenter QS22/LS21 Cluster, PowerXCell 8i 3.2 Ghz / Opteron DC 1.8 GHz, Voltaire Infiniband [IBM]