In Microsoft windows 7 services.msc, gpedit.msc and regedit does not open directly even with super administrator account, rather it warning/error message appeared saying-
One or more active control could not be displayed because either
1)Your current security setting prohibit running active X control on this page or
2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the control
As a result the page might not display correctly.
Apparently this error is due to bugs introduced by an update to Flash Player which then causes the suspension of all access to files with msc.
To resolve this problem, simply follow these steps:
- Click Start> All Programs> Accessories> Run or simply press the keyboard keys START + R or simply press windows key+R.
- Type regedit and press OK.
- Follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Internet Settings \ Zones \
- Find and delete a key whose name is not of numeric characters (usually it is like a square).
- Close the Registry Editor. Now open services.msc or gpedit.msc. It’s solved now.
NOTE: if the error also appear while accessing regedit also, just press OK once or twice it warns, then follow the above mentioned solution procedure, then you will find it solved.