Since the launch of Windows Vista in 2006, Microsoft has incorporated as standard the option to make a system image operating system.
When talking about system image, is actually talking about an exact copy of a particular drive where files, folders and settings included , so that when you perform this method, you will get a duplicate of your operating system in the same conditions is upon the completion of the copy.
In order to have this, you must follow these steps :
- Move the mouse to the right of the desk until the sidebar is displayed (or press Win+C).
- Click on Settings
- Click on Control Panel
- Click on System and Security
- Click on File History
- Tap Backup system image that is located in the bottom left
- Select the path where the image is made ??from the following options:
- On a hard disk : Allows backup system on the hard drive of the system itself or an external hard drive connected to the computer.
- On one or more DVDs : Allows backup system in several DVDs. This method is usually not advisable because the operating system volume is vastly superior to multiple DVDs.
- In a network location : Allows backup system on another computer or server that is shared across the network. This method is also used for NAS storage systems .
- Select the drives you want to include in the image , to get a copy of the operating system always must select at least the partition where the operating system is installed.
- Click Start backup , keep in mind that this process can be long depending on the data to be copied.
Once you have completed, you will already have the backup made.