Unlike chemical peels and other cosmetic treatments to renew skin and remove blemishes, the diamond tip dermabrasion has some advantages that make it very interesting to such treatment. At the same time, it can be used at different levels of the dermis giving the respective intensity according to the degree of injury, skin conditions and qualities of the marks erased.
Advantages of Microdermabrasion with diamond tip over other treatments:
- It is a peel that can be done in summer.
- It’s fast, precise and controlled.
- Is used throughout the body.
- People with sensitive skin can also use.
- Does not require rest or inactivity after the sessions.
- People with dark skin also can do.
- It is ideal for people with allergies to acids.
- No need for anesthesia, causes no scabs or needs an antibiotic and antiviral prophylaxis.
- It generates a prolonged skin redness.
- May be effected in people with HIV long as the necessary precautions are taken.
- Depending on the particular case it will vary the depth of the diamond peel.
Abrasion levels of treatment as need:
Level 1: makes a peeling surface, skin looks white first and then slightly red. This is used to refresh the skin and as an exfoliation prior to further treatment.
Level 2: is an abrasion a little deeper than the last, you get a somewhat more intense erythema without hemorrhagic dots. Treats most severe lesions, spots, melasma and fine lines.
Level 3 is the most profound and reaches the papillary dermis, it is usually used in badly damaged skin and thick, as well as to remove scars from acne, keloids, wrinkles, stretch marks , hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, etc..